Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Papa



Well, it's been a while since I've blogged.

My Papa passed away Dec. 15, 2009, and I've been spending a lot of time with my Nana. I've taken on a rather large project--scanning family photos and restoring them. We found so many awesome photos in Papa's office of the Dye family. The above photo is of Papa when he was in the U.S. Navy. He served for three years and was stationed in Japan and Korea during the end of World War II. It's been fun looking through all of the photos, and we have yet to put a dent in the boxes and boxes of photographs.

It only makes me realize how much I really love being a photographer. I love documenting happy and momentous occasions for families. I'm glad that I have so many happy memories and photos of my Papa.

No comments: